Mario Queen of the Circus
- The Olivier Award for Best Entertainment 2009: La Clique [Ensemble Member]
- The Argus Award for Artistic Excellence Brighton Fringe Festival 2008
- Public Prize 2008 Festival Internacional de Teatro y Artes Calle Valladolid
- Public Prize 2007 Street Performance World Championships Dublin, Ireland
- Public Prize 2006 Attendorn Gauklerfest Attendorn, Germany
- Public Prize 2005 Ghent International Street Theater Festival Ghent, Belgium
A born showman and expert in both circus artistry and comedy, Mario comes brimming with unbridled passion. The Latin lothario’s hilarious full-length show and irresistable variety numbers have wooed audiences all over the world. Mario’s unique mix of complex juggling tricks and universal sex appeal can only find release in the arena-rocking anthems of his favourite supergroup, Queen.
Mario is the creation and alter ego of Clarke McFarlane, a New Jersey-born and New York City-schooled performer. First developed for the Off-Broadway hit Planet Banana, the character of Mario went solo in 2005 with his outdoor international festival show. Mario: Queen Of The Circus quickly became a festival favorite and has toured solidly since its inception. Mr. McFarlane performs Mario in English, French, German and Spanish and has done so from Eurasia to the Antipodes.
Mario has been a favourite in Olivier Award-winning variety show La Clique and its off-shoot La Soiree as it continues its international sell-out touring and he is a sure-fire hit with all sorts of corporate occasions and special events.
[Click on each thumbnail below to view a larger image.]